Does Remote Work With Zoom Lens?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
lnicole

Does Remote Work With Zoom Lens?

Post by lnicole »

Sorry, I didn't see this in your FAQs.

I'm using Remote with my Canon 100mm Macro and it works great. I try using it with my Canon 24-70mm L and I can't focus on any point. It zooms in and out wildly. Is there some setting I should be using or does it not work with a zoom? Oh, Camera is Canon 5D MKIII. Also, I'm shooting down on a light pad with soft lights. (Works fine with the macro.) I sometimes like to switch to the 24-70 because shooting down using the entire A3 light pad, I have to put the tripod really high with the macro lens.

Thank you
Catherine

Re: Does Remote Work With Zoom Lens?

Post by Catherine »

The problem is definitely not because of the lens model or that it's a zoom. Doe the focus control buttons never work at all, or only while shooting the stack? In the former case, the auto-focus settings in the camera are not suitable for remote control use - make sure to select the most basic single-shot AF mode, turn off any continuous / servo / tracking options. In the latter case (the <<< / >>> buttons work fine but focus is not adjusted properly while shooting a stack), turn off image review / quick review in the camera body settings.
lnicole

Post by lnicole »

I've finally had time to try this again. I cannot get Remote to work with this lens. I can't get it to focus at all with the << keys. It just zooms wildly in and out and doesn't focus on anything. I have it set to manual focus. I turned off mirror lock-up. I'm shooting Manual with single shot. I turned off auto-rotate. No problems with my fixed focus Macro lens. I don't know what else to check. I'd really like to be able to use this lens to shoot with Remote. Thank you
wargvid

Post by wargvid »

i'm not sure about it, but gonna try it soon. vidmate online saveinsta