USB camera connection issue

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
ForceV4

USB camera connection issue

Post by ForceV4 »

Hi everyone.

I recently had to replace my tablet and am having troubles connecting my camera. The camera is question is a Canon 1Dmk4 and the tablet is a Samsung S6 lite (android). Of course, I have the Helicon app installed on the tablet, too.

When I plug in the camera, the app opens right up but it says my camera isn't connected. If I open the app first and then connect the camera, I get the same thing. When I connect a mouse, it works just fine.

I'm thinking the problem is a setting in the tablet but I can't figure out how to change it. After connecting the camera, I can drop down from the top of the tablet to open up USB settings. From there, I have 2 sections. One says USB controlled by the connected device or this phone. Connected device is the default. If I switch to this phone, things freeze for a few seconds and then go back to where I started with the app saying my camera isn't detected. In the second section of the USB settings is a section titled Use USB For and I have the following options-transferring files, USB tethering, MIDI, transferring images and charging phone only. The default is 'transferring files'. Unfortunately, everything here is grey-I can't change any of these settings in the second menu. I've attached a screenshot at the bottom of this post.

I'm at a loss as to what to do from here. My camera worked great with the app on my old tablet so I'd really like to get it to work on the new one.

Thank you so much for your help. I do appreciate it.

FV
20210601_173141.jpg
(228.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Catherine

Re: USB camera connection issue

Post by Catherine »

I don't think the problem is the settings, and certainly not the ones on the screenshot. Please send a bug report from Helicon Remote while the camera is plugged in but not detected (menu - Feedback - Report a bug).