Naming Suggestion

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
David_C

Naming Suggestion

Post by David_C »

Hi, I use Helicon Remote along with Capture One. Capture One has a naming token for 'Destination Folder Name', which names the image the same name as the folder that it is being shot into, plus a counter. Is there anyway this could be added to Helicon Remotes file naming tokens as well?
Catherine

Re: Naming Suggestion

Post by Catherine »

Hi, do I understand correctly that the current naming options you have in Helicon Remote will work for you if we add a new file naming template that simply inserts the current folder name (whatever it is)?
In other words, you do not require any new folder naming options, only a new option for files?
David_C

Post by David_C »

Hi Catherine, thanks for the response!

Yes you are correct, it would be nice if Helicon Remote could name the images the same name as the folder they are being shot into, not name the folder itself. So if the folder the stack was being shot into is named Ring_Silver, the images would be named Ring_Silver_01.jpg, Ring_Silver_02.jpg, Ring_Silver_03.jpg, etc. As it is I can type "Ring_Silver" into the name field but a folder token for naming would just speed up the workflow a bit.

Thanks again!
David_C

Post by David_C »

One second thought, if both "Folder Naming" and "File Naming" could take on the name of the "Folder for Images" folder by means of a token, that would be even better.

Thanks again.