Some video issues - Canon 90D

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Brutha

Some video issues - Canon 90D

Post by Brutha »

Hi All,

I've switched to using my 90D instead of my 550d, and the video recording is now working nicely.

BUT - with the setting "Copy to computer" or "Move to computer" the file extension is .dat - and Lightroom does not accept that. If I change the files to .mp4, they import fine - but of course I don't want to have to do that each time!

Second issue is that I cannot seem to adjust the exposure at all for videos. It shows P mode during recording, and there is no option to set any exposure compensation etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Brutha
Brutha

Re: Some video issues - Canon 90D

Post by Brutha »

Hmm, some further information. If I set the camera to M mode, then it stays in M mode when I start video recording.

BUT - the settings change (e.g. frame from 1/80 to 1/125): and although for an instant the options seem open, they immediately grey out so I cannot change anything!

Any idea how to adjust them?

Cheers

Brutha
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Brutha wrote: 14.08.2021 17:27 with the setting "Copy to computer" or "Move to computer" the file extension is .dat
Hi,
please reproduce this problem and send a bug report (menu - Help - Report a bug) after a .dat file is created.

As for the second issue: yes, you can adjust exposure parameters (including the exposure mode) before you launch video recording, but not during the recording process. We will check if it is possible to adjust these settings while recording is in progress, and if it is possible - we'll support it.
Brutha

Post by Brutha »

Thanks Catherine, will do!

Would be fine if I could adjust the exposure settings before starting the video recording, but it doesn't allow me to do that.

When I click "Start video recording" the exposure changes from what I already set (e.g. from 1/80s to 1/125s) and I have no chance to adjust it - shall I raise a bug for that too?