Issue with mac mini and Remote

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
davidcappaert

Issue with mac mini and Remote

Post by davidcappaert »

I have an imac, High Sierra, on which I run Helicon remote. It connects to both the wemacro rail motor and to my Canon camera.

I now have a new mac mini, running Big Sur. On this machine, the same software connects to the camera, but not to the rail motor. I know that the connection is there, because I can run the rail from Wemacro's own software. I have done the usual re-installing, rebooting, etc. I followed advice about deleting drivers, suggested for recent mac OS. I did this and the computer crashed, so that I had to re-install the OS. I did it a second time with the same result.

Of course my rail and Remote software are each useless without the other.

Thanks for any ideas.
davidcappaert

Re: Issue with mac mini and Remote

Post by davidcappaert »

Update - I haven't yet heard from HeliconSoft. I spent 2 hours with Apple support, and we determined that my crash problem related to a Creative Cloud extension file. But on the Remote software - nothing works.

I did learn that I can use Lightroom's tethered camera feature to trigger the camera on the rail via USB. I can also click the camera from WeMacro software simultaneously, through the shutter release port. So I have the features of the Remote software, integrated with Lightroom, possibly a better solution. I'm still a fan of Helicon Focus, but I would like to be able to use Remote with it. I'd be interested to know whether my situation is strange and unique, or if others using M1 mini also have problems.
Catherine

Re: Issue with mac mini and Remote

Post by Catherine »

Dear David,

it's a shame you didn't receive an email from our Support Team. We sent a reply to your inquiry on Oct 9, but maybe it went to spam/junk and didn't reach you.
Please install the Beta version of Helicon Remote: https://www.heliconsoft.com/software-downloads/#beta. If the problem persists in this version as well, please send us a bug report: menu->Help->Report a bug, we'll check it to see if wу can identify the cause of the issue you've encountered.
Thank you.