Canon R5 Flash Not triggering

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Ginja

Canon R5 Flash Not triggering

Post by Ginja »

I recently got the canon r5 and was attempting to try my first new stack moving from a canon 5dsr. I downloaded the beta and tried to run my first stack but noticed my strobe would only trigger on the first 2-3 images of the stack, otherwise no flash goes on after. When I manually click the shutter button it fires every time. I was reading something about changing the setting to mechanical shutter, which I tried but I still faced the same issue. The other thing I read was to turn off live view on LCD screen from the helicon remote preferences, which I did, but the LCD on the back of the camera continue to remain on (not in a paired mode, but in the normal shooting, live view mode). I was wondering if anyone had any help, or was facing a similar issue.

P.S I tried the exact same thing with my canon 5dsr and it worked completely fine.

Thanks for the help ahead of time!
Catherine

Re: Canon R5 Flash Not triggering

Post by Catherine »

1. Since the strobe does work in the beginning and then stops, can it be about the time for recharge being not sufficient? Please try increasing it: Preferences - Shooting - Pause for flash recharge

2. If the problem persists, please make sure to turn the video recording mode OFF (switch to still photography mode) and disable silent release mode in the camera body settings. If it still doesn't work, go to preferences -> Shooting and set "Enable Live View when taking a shot" to "No".
Ginja

Re: Canon R5 Flash Not triggering

Post by Ginja »

Thank you!

I believe the Preference -> Shooting -> Enable live View When Shooting to "No" is what solved it. Appreciate the tip, I didn't know where to find this option at first!