Helicon Remote App using IPad or Iphone

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Deanopeps

Helicon Remote App using IPad or Iphone

Post by Deanopeps »

Hi,

I am 5 days into my trial period and loving Helicon Focus and Helocon Remote!

I would like to have my camera set up out doors with the Iphone or IPad using the remote app but the app says that the Canon R5 is not supported. Are there any work arounds or Beta versions as there was for the Desktop version at all?

Many thanks
ntompson

Re: Helicon Remote App using IPad or Iphone

Post by ntompson »

Funny you should ask the question - I also have an R5 and wanting iPhone app support. It's months since I last checked after paying the rather high price for both Helicon Focus and the Helicon Remote iPhone app package... and still no progress.

I'm rather frustrated that R5 support is taking so long. These are expensive apps. The iPhone app hasn't received a single update in over a year. I'm really starting to wonder what is going on.
Last edited by ntompson on 19.11.2021 04:52, edited 1 time in total.
Deanopeps

Post by Deanopeps »

So i was about to buy the full software package but seems there is no point if it does and wont work ssoon? Even the Remote is Beta for the R5.
Such a shame as otherwise great software and the addition of Remote on an app for out door shooting would work really well.

:(
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

The beta version works fine with R5, don't let the beta status discourage you, it's actually quite mature by now and we'll turn it into a regular (non-beta) update soon. For now, please use this link to get the beta for iOS: https://testflight.apple.com/join/4n5HPSbC
Deanopeps

Post by Deanopeps »

Hi,

Many thanks for this i did not realise there was a Beta IOS version so just tried it and it works great. I will now buy the whole license.

Thank you I love it!