M43 future support

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Smithrjs

M43 future support

Post by Smithrjs »

I understand from earlier posts your focus on Canon and Nikon, but any chance you will consider Olympus OMD and / or Panasonic G9 micro four thirds bodies? Both have in camera stacking options and a remote operation from Olympus but nothing that looks anything like as good as your remote module suited for stacking. I have also tried IOS apps linked to Panasonic but these are incredibly flaky and run over wifi so a tethered control is much better. Hope you might at least consider for future development
Catherine

Re: M43 future support

Post by Catherine »

We might want to look at these cameras. Can you tell us whether the Panasonic or Olympus allow manual focus adjustment (in steps) from the corresponding remote control app? Without this function automated focus bracketing is impossible.
Smithrjs

Post by Smithrjs »

The Olympus Capture app allows fine adjustment of focus when linked to my Oly Old Mk II as well as effectively everything else I can do using the camera untethered. So I can set up a 50 frame stack, set eh degree of advance I want and capture to either tethered laptop, SD card or both. This works well and is what I am using at present for indoor photography. The Panasonic G9 does not have anything like as good remote access and the 3rd party Apple apps (GBracket) connect wirelessly but have poor interface, and very unstable connection - if you can get it to connect at all. A pity as theses otherwise an excellent camera but lacks any kind of tethered control.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Thank you, Olympus cameras are a good candidate to be supported in the future, not sure about Panasonic yet (it depends on what the remote control capabilities are).
schwarzvogel

Post by schwarzvogel »

Ich habe keine Probleme die G9 drahtlos (WLan, Bluetooth) mit der Panasonic "Imageapp" und "GBracket" zu verbinden !
Ferner gibt es noch die Möglichkeit für Tethering via "USB-Tether for Lumix G9" aus dem Hause Panasonic (Win10).
Ich wäre deshalb auch an einer Unterstützung für Olympus/Panasonic M43 interessiert.
mfG schwarzvogel
ntsarb

Post by ntsarb »

Catherine wrote: 14.01.2022 01:25 We might want to look at these cameras. Can you tell us whether the Panasonic or Olympus allow manual focus adjustment (in steps) from the corresponding remote control app? Without this function automated focus bracketing is impossible.
Hi Catherine,

The Panasonic DC-S5 cameras (and several more models) support manual focus adjustment (in steps) from the corresponding remote control app. See attachment:

Kind regards
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Thank you. It's not clear when we will be able to support new camera vendors like Panasonic and Olympus, but we're taking notes of your suggestions.