Changing Apeture during stack takes?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Matt Rasmussen

Changing Apeture during stack takes?

Post by Matt Rasmussen »

I can hear my lens aperture and see the effects on live view during the taking of the stack. Why would Helicon Remote change the aperture on it's own when the camera is in Manual mode?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Changing Apeture during stack takes?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

I suppose you have Canon camera. In live view mode the aperture can be wide open or stopped down to real value. This depends on whether you set "Exposure simulation" for Live View mode in the camera. You should also set checkbox "DOF preview" in the main interface of Helicon Remote.
Matt Rasmussen

Post by Matt Rasmussen »

It's strange, it doesn't do it all the time, just what seems to be randomly during the front/back focusing steps. And when it happens, I normally get the dialog box that says there is a percentage lighting difference, even though I have constant lights during the front/back focusing step process. I've tried both with Exposure Simulation active/disabled and with DOF preview active/disabled and it still seems to occasionally do it.

Canon 7D v1.2.5
EF-S 60mm f/2.8 MACRO USM
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Please upload such a stack to our server as described at http://www.heliconsoft.com/ftp.html

We will look into EXIF information to check if aperture was the same for all images.

You are also welcome to send us Bug report from Helicon Remote after shooting the stack. Maybe logs will tell us more.