Zooming out

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Greg

Zooming out

Post by Greg »

I click on the live preview to zoom in... but then I cannot figure out how to zoom out. Any hints? Thanks!
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Zooming out

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Click again to zoom out. The mouse pointer should change between "-" and "+" icons to indicate the effect of click.
gregbenz

Post by gregbenz »

Hi Stas, I have, but it doesn't work. What I find (using D700 latest Helicon Remote on OSX 10.6) is that I can click to zoom in and sometimes (not always), I can use a two finger swipe on the track pad to zoom out. Sometimes I can click or double click and seem to get a zoom out, but it's variable and mostly does not work. The only reliable way I have found to zoom out is to turn live view off and then back on. I believe there is a bug.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Yep, we aready scheduled it to be fixed in the next release.
gregbenz

Post by gregbenz »

awesome, thanks!!
mgg

Post by mgg »

odd bug - but the pointer won't change to "-", but if you set Ev to a negative value, the pointer changes to "-". you can zoom out, then set Ev to zero.

SO, when is the next release? I can't wait. Will the autofocus/A/B issue be reworked? It would be really nice to Autofocus - save A, Autofocus, Save B.

tnx
mgg
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We prepare a new version and will probably send a version to beta testers this week. We made too many internal changes to make it public. Send a mail to support@heliconsoft.com if you want to be a beta tester. The next release is planned for the end of August.

Autofocus will still reset A and B points. This can only be changed if we use our own contrast-detect autofocus implementation based on Live View image. So far it is much less reliable than phase detect autofocus in camera.