Helicon Remote for Android / exposure meter

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
bws4711

Helicon Remote for Android / exposure meter

Post by bws4711 »

HI,

I was playing with helicon remote for android on a Nikon D7000 in Modus M. Everything works fine but I am missing an exposure meter. Whre can I find/see the value of the actual expose from the camera as it's available in liveview or on teh secand display on teh cam.

Bernd
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Helicon Remote for Android / exposure meter

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We will check if we can get this infomation from the camera. If yes, we will certainly add it.
bws4711

Post by bws4711 »

Hi,

I've check the Nikon SDK and it's possible to get the value from the exposure meter as a numeric value from the sdk.
For the representation to the display I think it's a good idea to display the value a small grahic like we all know it from the camera. I've added a link to piture with the exposure mete like it look's on a nikon.

http://media.wiley.com/Lux/34/314034.image0.jpg

Do you know if it's also planed to display the virtual horizon ?

Bernd
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks, we added this feature to our wish list. Maybe we can better put it to histogram because it contains information about proper exposure?

Virtual horizon - we will check this too!
bws4712

Post by bws4712 »

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean by saying "...put it to the histogram".

Normaly the exposure meter is something that's used before taking the foto to define the mixture of iso, aperture and exposure time. So it's nothing that a fotographer needs after the photo was taken like the histogram.

But good to hear that it's on the wishlist. (hope it's in the top 10 :-) )

Bernd
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Histogram is also shown for Live View image. Some cameras have exposure simulation mode which is pretty close to actual expose. For other cameras Live View histogram is not valid but exposure metter can give information what the show will be.