Gallery Prevents Remote from Seeing Camera

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
CJ Dawson Photo

Gallery Prevents Remote from Seeing Camera

Post by CJ Dawson Photo »

Hi there -

We were thrilled to find your app as it fills a huge need for us. However, we've been having trouble connecting reliably - works maybe 1 in 10 tries. I know this was brought up briefly before, but thought this topic deserved its own thread. The Gallery seems to preempt the Remote app and then the Remote doesn't recognize the camera. We've tried clearing the defaults for the Gallery, but we can't be expected to keep the Gallery closed when there's no viewer in the app. When we shoot, we need to be able to go back and forth between the controls and the images, and the Gallery is the only place to see the images. So, it would be great if either the conflict between the two apps could be resolved, or you could implement a viewer into the app - or both. As it is, we had an embarrassing experience with a client today as we fumbled around trying to get the connection to work as it had the night before.

Thanks in advance for your help,
CJ Dawson
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Gallery Prevents Remote from Seeing Camera

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You're totally right. Unfortunarely, the conflict with Gallery (or any other camera-related program, for that matter) can't be resolved. It's caused by the way Android manages access to USB devices (and by the fact you can't exit Gallery).
We are working on a built-in viewer and will hopefully provide it not too distant future.

Re: Gallery Prevents Remote from Seeing Camera

Post by Guest »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:You're totally right. Unfortunarely, the conflict with Gallery (or any other camera-related program, for that matter) can't be resolved. It's caused by the way Android manages access to USB devices (and by the fact you can't exit Gallery).
We are working on a built-in viewer and will hopefully provide it not too distant future.
So basically I can't use the app on my tablet?