Stack shoot not workin with Nikon D800/Nexus 10

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
shiwanlin@yahoo.com

Stack shoot not workin with Nikon D800/Nexus 10

Post by shiwanlin@yahoo.com »

I tried to use Helicon Remote in Nexus 10 to take some stack photos with Nikon D800 but could not get it working. I follow the following steps:
1) use the auto focus button to focus the near point and save it as point A.
2) use the arrows to set the far focus point however it only changes the shoots number but does not actually change the focus point in the camera. So I can't see if the far point is in focus.
3) as an alternative I tried to use the auto focus button but it resets the near point - don't understand why it is designed thos way.
4) as yet another alternative I long-tap the far point in the preview screen and manage to get it focused without resetting the near point. But the when I try to set the far point (B), it complains that the near and far point can't be the same (obviousely they aren't ).

Can such a simple function be made more painful?

It's very disappointing not being able to get such a well-advertised function to work. Please get it fixed.

Shi-Wan Lin

I'm using v.2.6.1.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Stack shoot not workin with Nikon D800/Nexus 10

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

>I tried to use the auto focus button but it resets the near point - don't understand why it is designed thos way.

Because there is no feedback from the lens and when you do AF the information about its current position is lost.

Apparently, something doesn't work as it should, probably caused by camera settings. Please click any manual focus movement buttons a few times (not the AF button) and send us a bug report (main menu -> Feedback -> Report a bug).