Application becomes unresponsive

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
happyDave

Application becomes unresponsive

Post by happyDave »

Hi Stas,
I have a Canon 60D connected to a ASUS Transformer TF300TG and every now and again the application becomes unresponsive, it can happen half way thru a set of exposures or simply by touching the DOF button, it's even happened while I have been setting my A & B points. The screen buttons grey out and nothing works...I have to switch the camera off and force the application to close. When I restart the app it asks about an error report which I have sent.

Whenever I end the application I find it doesn't release my camera, I have to physically pull the cable to get control of the camera...I don't know whether this is all related.

Thanks for your help

happyDave
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Application becomes unresponsive

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

That sounds like a USB communication problem. Did you have Gallery running while using Remote?
Not sure if we've seen your bug report. Did you specify your e-mail? We don't read reports without e-mail.
Remote does release your camera, that's why you can't use camera body controls without unplugging it. When you run Remote, controls become accessible (as long as LV is off).
happyDave

Post by happyDave »

Hi Stas, Thanks for getting back to me. Helicon Remote is the only thing I have launched and yes I did add an email address with the report. This is a very intermittent problem, I have successfully used your app for a few hours at a time without a problem and then all of a sudden it all just stops.

I'll keep sending you a bug report with my email addy each time it happens.

I find if I turn live view off and then exit your app I have complete control of the camera body controls but if I leave live view on and exit Helicon Remote I have no control of the camera body controls.

regards
happyDave
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Not sure what's your e-mail address, but if you did specify it - we've replied.
Looks like Remote may be having a problem exiting, i. e. it may be crashing on exit before it releases the camera. Normally, you cannot exit with LV on because Remote will turn it off automatically (but you will still not be able to control the camera). The only way for you to use camera body controls while it's connected to USB is to have Remote running.
happyDave

Post by happyDave »

Hi Stas, Thanks again, I'm not sure what happened with the report, I'll be a bit more careful how I do it next time.

cheers