Which tablets are confirmed working?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
erpman

Which tablets are confirmed working?

Post by erpman »

Hi

I´m going to purchase a tablet and helicon remote to use in the field. There seems to be a lot of compatibility issues when using tablets. Can someone provide a list of the exact tablets/operating systems currently on the market (and not too expensive) that are confirmed working with Nikon d800?

Thanks!
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Which tablets are confirmed working?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Hello,

No one can provide such a list, otherwise it would be on our site. The only way to make 100% sure it will work is to test in the shop. If that is impossible, we can name a few devices that have the neccessary hardware, but you might need to install custom Android firmware (ROM) to make it work.

Post by Guest »

What about Lenovo A1000?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Never heard of it, so can't say. Like I said, there's no easy way to determine because even if the tablet has the neccessary hardware, it may come with different Android versions. That's unlikely, but possible.

Post by Guest »

Now I just tested it and its working without problems.

Lenovo MeMoPad A1000: a $130,- tablet that runs helicon remote :D
Elrique64

Post by Elrique64 »

I can confirm Remote working on a Toshiba Thrive 10" and an Asus TF700T both wired and wireless with the WU-1a to a Nikon D7000 (wired) and a D7100 (wired and wireless).

although the wireless operation with the WU-1a and the D7100 have some issues finding the camera first time around. (Still having issues with this, jst have to keep trying..)

Mike G.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

If you figure out what causes issues or how to avoid them - please tell.
EricF

Post by EricF »

I have a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet running Android 4.4.2. I downloaded both the Win7 and Android Helicon Remote trial version apps. The Win7 version detects the camera and operates flawlessly. However, the Android app runs, but doesn't detect the camera (a Nikon D5100).

In an earlier post, Stas Yatsenko said "you might need to install custom Android firmware". Is there more info about this?

Or, has anyone else been able to get this running on a Nexus 7?
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

There's a known issue with Nexus 7. Refer here for workaround: http://nexususb.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/android-4.html

Also, make sure you're using a USB OTG adapter and not just any cable / adapter. OTG adapter is a micro USB plug to USB A (full size) socket adapter with a special pin layout.