D810 Live View Operation

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
jhinkey

D810 Live View Operation

Post by jhinkey »

How does Helicon Remote work with taking images while in live view using DFCS?
Do I have to manually put it in MUP mode and then does it operate just like my D800 does in the software by taking an image with the button on my Android tablet?

My D800 would drop the mirror, raise it, then take the image which produced an annoying delay - does the D810 take the image much faster with EFCS?

Considering getting the D810 and want to make sure it still works as well (or even better) than my D800 with HR.

Thanks!
Stas Yatsenko

Re: D810 Live View Operation

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

D800 does not drop the mirror and raise it again unneccessarily when taking a photo. Older Nikon cameras do that, but D800 and other new gen Nikons no longer have this firmware bug. You're probably confusing the shutter sound for mirror sound.
As for EFCS, for all I know - it doesn't work in remote control mode. But I can't confirm either way. What I can say is that D810 certainly works with HElicon Remote at least as well as D800.
jhinkey

Post by jhinkey »

So, you don't know how your software works when EFCS is activated when connected to the D810? The possibility of using EFCS in live view tethered is one of the big draws of the D810 for me with long tele lenses.
I had hoped another HR using with a D810 could confirm how the D810 operates tethered using HR and EFCS is active.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

What I meant to say is I'm pretty sure EFCS doesn't work in remote control mode.