Nikon D800e not tethering to Macbook pro laptop

fifiatthebeach

Nikon D800e not tethering to Macbook pro laptop

Post by fifiatthebeach »

Hi there,
I am new to Helicon Focus but excited to start using this. I cannot tether my Nikon D800e to my MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina 10.15.5).
I tether my camera to my laptop and go to Select a camera in Helicon Remote, D800e appears but I cannot select any settings to use or live view with my camera.
Also, are NEF files able to be rendered in Helicon Focus?
I appreciate any assistance with these issues, I am keen to start shooting and focus stacking.
Any simple clear answers would be great for this non-tech savvy user,
kindest regards, fifi
GenieMac

Re: Nikon D800e not tethering to Macbook pro laptop

Post by GenieMac »

Can’t help with the D800, Today I managed to link Nikon D750 both wirelessly and with the Nikon USB cable supplied with camera to Helicon Remote and Helicon Focus naturally followed.

However, for the Nikon raw files I may be able to help. You need to load the Adobe dng converter. When I first tried to load the images into Helicon Focus it said it needed the Adobe dng converter. Clicking about the Helicon Focus tried to link me with Helicon web link but that failed.

This is the link I used and followed instructions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/di ... ative.html

I think it all worked automatically but if not you can set the link to the installed application in Helicon Focus -> preferences. After this it all worked loading and converting NEF files.

Hope that helps get back to me if you need more details.
Catherine

Re: Nikon D800e not tethering to Macbook pro laptop

Post by Catherine »

fifiatthebeach wrote: 13.07.2020 07:16 Hi there,
I am new to Helicon Focus but excited to start using this. I cannot tether my Nikon D800e to my MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina 10.15.5).
I tether my camera to my laptop and go to Select a camera in Helicon Remote, D800e appears but I cannot select any settings to use or live view with my camera.
Also, are NEF files able to be rendered in Helicon Focus?
I appreciate any assistance with these issues, I am keen to start shooting and focus stacking.
Any simple clear answers would be great for this non-tech savvy user,
kindest regards, fifi
As for D800e connection failure, this is most likely caused by a conflict with some other camera-related software. To solve the problem, find and terminate that software - it could be another remote control program, could be a simple image import tool or an image viewer. Any program capable of detecting a camera can trigger this issue, and only one such program may be running at any time.
It often helps to connect the camera first to see if any application is configured to open automatically when a camera is detected. If you see any such application, terminate it first and only then run Helicon Remote.