Stack and Rotate - stack to stack interpolation variation

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
Gonzo Photo

Stack and Rotate - stack to stack interpolation variation

Post by Gonzo Photo »

Hello,

Im doing a stack and rotate using the stackshot 3x. Im running stacks between 1-5x. Whenever I process the stacks through helicon, I get a weird stack to stack variation which I assume is caused by interpolation variance with the different stacks. Are there autoadjustment or interpolation settings which can minimize these artifacts? Ive tried using B and C, removing automatic crop, minimizing autoadjustments, setting autoadjustmets high and nothing seems to improve. As a test I used a 1x 12 image stack across 12 degrees of rotation at 0.1 degree intervals and ran it through Zerene using their slab function (I have to keep it because some of the 20-100x stacks I run are just easier to manage as sub stacks) to align all the images somewhat before processing and it came out noticeably smoother. I would rather use the helicon batch function as Zerene is a workflow nightmare for me. Any assistance or recommendations are greatly appreciated

Thanks
Chris Lee
Catherine

Re: Stack and Rotate - stack to stack interpolation variation

Post by Catherine »

Hello Chris, what kind of variation are we talking about? Can you give us two example stacks with discrepancies between them (you can upload them to our private storage)?