Use of Zoomify

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
dgeystor

Use of Zoomify

Post by dgeystor »

Hello everyone,

Here is a handy (and free) application to post on the web large detailed files without over burdening the viewer.

EXAMPLE

Have fun,

Dimitri
Ariel

Cool!

Post by Ariel »

That looks totally awesome! It looks really handy, especially since people can't select+copy and steal the picture. Unfortunately, there is always the threat of people using "print screen". It seems a little confusing to utilize, though.
dgeystor

Re: Cool!

Post by dgeystor »

ariel wrote: It seems a little confusing to utilize, though.
It's confusing because it's so simple.

However, I agree. To this purpose I wrote a small explanation.
Read it. Ooops, sorry, it's in French only.

CLICK HERE.

Good luck,

Dimitri
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

I couldn't seem to work it based on the small amount I looked at their website, so I'll have to read it more carefully. I've taken a few years of Spanish, so I can probably work my way through your French. :wink:
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Hey,
I finally got around to going through the thing you wrote. I'm still having trouble, though.
I opened a file using zoomifyer ez. Then, in the folder it made, I copied zoomifyViewer and Template. I changed the address in "template" to DSCF1617.jpg (image name). But when I opened template, it wouldn't show the picture. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. And as far as uploading to the web, I would have to do it one file at a time (I can't upload folders), so that would take forever. Am I missing something? I thought it was supposed to be easy.
Thanks

AJAX implementation of Zoomify viewer!

Post by Guest »

The Brain Maps AJAX-Zoomify viewer may be used with your own Zoomify images. It is much faster than Flash-based versions. Try it yourself. Future versions will enable you to add overlays to brain maps (including markers and polylines) and display shadowed "info windows". The Brain Maps API is a free service, available for any web site that is free to consumers.

link:
http://brainmaps.org/index.php?p=brain-maps-api