Output image appears different than inputs

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
Xenophon

Re: Output image appears different than inputs

Post by Xenophon »

DRE27743 ring_1_copy.jpg
(184.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I used this wonderful software to make a photograph of a diamond setting. I used my Nikon D800 and the 105mm Nikkor Nikon Micro lens. I have posted the particular photograph on FB including today. I am brand new on this forum but I bring 65 years professional experience with me. I understand the advantages of using this method of making photographs. One of the greats advantages using this method for tack sharp depth of field is the ability of using the sweet part of the lens for greatest sharpness. It doesn't require to use a lens setting of f45 in order to obtain depth of field. The subject was small but the finished image was several times larger than the original ring. To obtain such an image size the lens would be so close the depth of focus would be very shallow.
DRE27743 ring_1_copy.jpg
(184.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
BobStone

Re: Output image appears different than inputs

Post by BobStone »

I've noticed this, too. The original frames are displayed using the adjustments made in ACR, while the final stack is not. When saved, the ACR adjustments are restored and the image appears in Bridge as expected.

I believe this only happens when stacking RAW images, and can be avoided by saving RAW images as TIFF images first. This can be done in Photoshop or from ACR in Bridge.

I would add that re-applying the ACR adjustments to the completed render for would be critical for retouching.