Taking macro shot.

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
symmon

Taking Macro Shot

Post by symmon »

Hi Dan / Ariel,

Sorry for the size, I thought I had resized it before I posted it. Any way, if I understand your comment correctly, you are pointing this to Helicon Focus creating an edge from some part of the image stack . Then the question is What can it be?Individually non of the 16 images by themselves show blurs.

symmon :roll:
Dan Kozub

Post by Dan Kozub »

Yes, this is the case. Blurred edge is "sharper" than the even black background.
symmon

Taking Macro Shots

Post by symmon »

Hello Dan,
How was your trip.

What would be your suggestion. How to over come the blurry egde problem?
Would this still occure if it was grey or some other color back ground?
symmon
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

Well, if the program thinks blur is sharper than black, I would suggest just retouching after the program layers them. I don't know if another solid color would take precedence over a blur.
symmon

Taking Macro Shot

Post by symmon »

Hello Ariel,

Happy Holidays.

Thank you. I did edit out the blur, after re-compiling the image with Radius
of 20 and Smoothing of 1.
It did a better job of reducing the blurriness.
Another question, if you don't mind. In the auto adjustment how does the percentage of Horizontal, Vertical and the Orientation, effects the image alignments?

symmon
Ariel

Post by Ariel »

If some of the images aren't aligned, Focus can align them while combining them. The percentages of the adjustment values tell the program the most it should look for misalignments. Higher numbers make the program slower, so unless two images are really misaligned, you should keep the numbers pretty low. If all the images are pretty much aligned, changing those numbers shouldn't change how the photos are aligned.