Some stack images change orientation when loaded

Optical microscopes + digital photography
PhilA

Some stack images change orientation when loaded

Post by PhilA »

Stas, I have loaded some stacks of images, all in landscape orientaton when viewed normally on the camera and on the PC, but some of them change into portrait when in Helicon Focus Lite 6.2.2, and an Invalid Size error shows if an attempt is made to render them. I am uploading two adjacent images, one remains in the normal landscape mode, the other changes into portrait when sitting in the Helicon input list. Images are from a Canon 600D attached to a stereomicroscope. I have never had this problem with images taken with a Canon Powershot A640 on the same microscope.
Attachments
IMG_0137.JPG
(2.52 MiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_0136.JPG
(2.51 MiB) Not downloaded yet
jmac_86

Re: Some stack images change orientation when loaded

Post by jmac_86 »

Hey PhilA,

I'm not sure if you've solved the issue - but just in case you haven't I found a little work around when I ran into a similar (I think) problem.

I made note of which were the files that switched orientation, then I rendered both sets separately - the ones that switched orientation and the ones that stayed. After doing retouching to both sets separately, I saved them as their own jpeg files. After that, I simply opened that file up, rotated it and saved it again, then stacked both the 'final' images together in Helicon. Worked like a charm!

I know this won't work for everyone, but depending what you need the end product for it can be acceptable. Hope this helped a little!
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

Thanks for the samples! We will try to fix this issue ASAP.
veero

Post by veero »

I have this problem too, and have the most up to date version I just installed.
Is there any work done on this bug?