HR compatible with EOS 7D MkII?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
macmesser

HR compatible with EOS 7D MkII?

Post by macmesser »

I see no mention of 7D Mk II on the forum. Is this camera compatible with Helicon Remote?
Stas Yatsenko

Re: HR compatible with EOS 7D MkII?

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You've been looking in the wrong place. It is supported: http://www.heliconsoft.com/supported-cameras/
NewtonW

Post by NewtonW »

I know this thread is a little old, but someone might still want to know. I am using it with the 7D mark II. I'm using Version 3.9.0 W at this time and it works fine on my Windows 10 laptop, but I have to restart the program or turn the camera on / off sometimes to get it to activate Live View, nothing that I would consider a big problem.

Newton
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

That's odd. Could be due to a conflict with other camera-related program. In that case, exiting the offending program will solve the problem.
NewtonW

Post by NewtonW »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:That's odd. Could be due to a conflict with other camera-related program. In that case, exiting the offending program will solve the problem.
Stas, that may be a good assumption. When I first connect my camera, Canon's EOS utility opens automatically and I have to shut it down. However, Helicon Remote still does it a few times after I have shut down the EOS Utility. The camera has not been disconnected, just starting a new stack, i.e., Remote transfers to Helicon Focus, I process, then start a new stack / subject, I restart Remote. EOS Utility only opens on the first connect. There still may be a conflict of "Who" gets priority of the camera.
As mentioned, no big deal, for me anyway.

Newton "Andy"