Canon EOS R

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
colinj

Re: Canon EOS R

Post by colinj »

Hi, I'd like to add my name to the list of people who require this camera to be supported. I'm in the process of phasing out my older cameras, and if the EOS R is not supported in the coming months, I will (reluctantly) have to find a different software solution. Thanks.
EOSR_GUY

Post by EOSR_GUY »

This is ridiculous! Do you plan on giving everyone an extension on the one year subscription? It’s taken 8 months for support and I have a one year subscription. This seems entirely way too long to support a new camera.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Unfortunately, we can't say for sure when we will be able to provide a solution for this.
marksimons

Post by marksimons »

Please also add me to the long list of users who'd like Helicon Remote support for this camera.
Chris Raper

Post by Chris Raper »

Hi

I'd just like to clarify what is being investigated? Are you currently unable to trigger the camera shutter and download the images, OR are you unable to remotely control the focus OR both? I'm thinking of buying one of these cameras and I noticed that it has a standard E3 port and USB so I hoped that Helicon Remote could at least do the basics of triggering the camera's shutter and downloading the resulting image?

Thanks
Chris R.
Chris Raper

Post by Chris Raper »

I notice that the EOS RP has the standard USB & E3 trigger ports. Is Helicon Remote completely unable to interface with the camera or can it at least do the basics of triggering the shutter and downloading the images? What can HR do with the EOS RP?
FOLMAN

Post by FOLMAN »

Darn. I purchased Helicon Focus Premium today and specifically chose Premium so I could get Helicon Remote included in the price. And I do appreciate the Black Friday discount! However, total rookie mistake not checking first to see if the EOS R was a supported camera. I had already used Helicon Focus using the export from Lightroom to HF as DNGs and it worked great. SO bummed that Helicon Remote doesn't work with the EOS R. :(
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

We have a Win beta with support of М50, R/RP, M6 Mk II ready. Please contact us at support@heliconsoft.com if you would like to try it. We'd appreicate your assistance and feedback.
madking426

Post by madking426 »

I guess the development need to speed up a little as the new EOS-Rs is not far away from releasing. Also Mac support is another important issue. Thank you everyone for making it happening!
tamcor3

Post by tamcor3 »

Add me to the list...
Eos R was released in October 2018 ... we are in Jan 2020.
Is it possible to be included in the beta program for windows or Mac?

Thanks
Knipser-Andy

Post by Knipser-Andy »

Is there now a solution for the FB Tube at the EOS R ?
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Thanks for your interest and support. Yes, we realize we started working on this late, but it's not just about the EOS R/RP models, it's about other mirrorless Canon cameras of the future, too.
The Mac version will be available alongside the Windows version when our work is done and the official release happens, but for the beta program it's simpler and quicker for us to provide a Windows version. This isn't because development of the Mac one is lagging behind.
tamcor3 wrote: 06.01.2020 23:59 Add me to the list...
Sending you an e-mail with the download link for the Windows beta version.
Charl_o

Post by Charl_o »

Catherine wrote: 16.01.2020 16:02 Thanks for your interest and support. Yes, we realize we started working on this late, but it's not just about the EOS R/RP models, it's about other mirrorless Canon cameras of the future, too.
The Mac version will be available alongside the Windows version when our work is done and the official release happens, but for the beta program it's simpler and quicker for us to provide a Windows version. This isn't because development of the Mac one is lagging behind.
tamcor3 wrote: 06.01.2020 23:59 Add me to the list...
Sending you an e-mail with the download link for the Windows beta version.
Hello Catherine!

I would love to have an RP supported version as well ;)
Thanks in advance!
oleg333

Post by oleg333 »

Hello Helicon Team

It looks like there are quite a few people looking for Canon EOS R support, we have all paid good money for this application and expect the application to work. Is there any way you can speed up the process on adding Canon EOS R? At this point I can't do my job because the app does not work with my camera. I heavily rely on this application for my workflow and at this time I can't even get my work done. Please put some urgency on adding the EOS R

Thanks
oleg333

Post by oleg333 »

Bump! This camera has been out for 2 years now and still no support. Why did I pay for lifetime support of this does not work with my current camera. Terrible support
oleg333 wrote: 26.02.2020 20:13 Hello Helicon Team

It looks like there are quite a few people looking for Canon EOS R support, we have all paid good money for this application and expect the application to work. Is there any way you can speed up the process on adding Canon EOS R? At this point I can't do my job because the app does not work with my camera. I heavily rely on this application for my workflow and at this time I can't even get my work done. Please put some urgency on adding the EOS R

Thanks