Output file size

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
semayoga

Output file size

Post by semayoga »

After the photos have been stacked what is the Output file size?

Is Output file size determined by input files? If I used photos that are 42 megapixels does this add up in final output?

How does it work?

what file types of output files and sizes can i select?

I want to know it the output will retain the detail of the original
Catherine

Re: Output file size

Post by Catherine »

Yes, the output will retain the detail of the original, the output image resolution is the same as the input resolution (42 megapixels in your example) minus a couple pixels cropped out during the alignment phase (pixels along the edge that contain objects visible only on some images and not others, e. g. due to focus breathing).
The available formats you can save the result in are JPEG, TIFF (lossless) and DNG (raw format that retains the maximum possible information from the source raw files; only available in Helicon Focus Pro and only with raw source images).
Ipowercoupon

Post by Ipowercoupon »

Output of file size are any digits because it based on the file database, what include in the file, after calculating the data and showing the file size.
Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley »

Suddenly and unexpectedly, when Helicon Focus is outputting a DNG file, the file is only 256 x 170 pixels whereas it is outputting a TIF of the same stacked photo as expected at 6042x4020. This has never happened before but it has now happened twice in a row.

Any ideas?

I'm using Helicon Focus Pro and WIndows 10.
Mike Buckley

Post by Mike Buckley »

Thanks to Catherine for getting back to me privately. Even so, I had already figured that nothing was actually wrong other than my understanding of what to expect. This is the first time I've used the DNG format and didn't realize how it apparently is supposed to work. Once I loaded the DNG into Photoshop CC, I was able to output full-size JPEG, TIFF and PSD files.