Nikon D7500 connecting to Iphone

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
IkeCan02

Nikon D7500 connecting to Iphone

Post by IkeCan02 »

Has anyone used Helicon Remote with a Nikon D7500? I read in the Helicon Remote app's version history that it should work see below:

Version 3.9.9
Aug 1, 2019

* Canon 250D supported.

* Nikon D7500, D500, D850 should now work with the recent firmware update, let us know about your experience with these cameras if you try it out (note we're not announcing official support for these cameras yet).

* UI layout problems fixed, especially on new iPhones, including the long-standing menu button bug.

* Numerous internal error fixes and improvements - things that you won't see, but the app should be more stable and reliable.

I am hopeful that the software is now compatible with the D7500
Paydirt

Nikon D500 and Firmware 1.20

Post by Paydirt »

I understand with Nikon's release of Firmware 1.20 for the D500 that third party apps should be able to connect wirelessly without using Snapbridge. The instructions on the HeliconSoft site no longer match the camera data I'm seeing (using Firmware 1.30) which includes the third party wireless access. How do I configure Helicon Remote to tie into the Nikon Wireless ex camera please? Using iPhone 8 and iOS 14.4. Thanks
Catherine

Re: Nikon D7500 connecting to Iphone

Post by Catherine »

IkeCan02 wrote: 05.05.2020 16:17 I am hopeful that the software is now compatible with the D7500
Yes, Helicon Remote has been compatible with D7500 for a long time. There's a list of supported cameras on our website, or in the app's description on Android, which you can use to check whether or not your camera is compatible.
Paydirt wrote: 10.02.2021 23:05 I understand with Nikon's release of Firmware 1.20 for the D500 that third party apps should be able to connect wirelessly without using Snapbridge.
Yes, now with the latest D500 firmware Helicon Remote does work with this camera.
1. Make sure no other remote control apps are running in background (e. g. Nikon WMU).
2. Clear the wireless settings in your camera body and re-enable Wi-Fi. Use the Smartphone connection mode, and turn Bluetooth pairing OFF.
3. Connect your iPhone to the camera's Wi-Fi network.
4. Open Helicon Remote. It should pick up the camera automatically in 5-15 seconds, at which point the "Select a camera" button will unlock. Tap "Select a camera", then tap your "Auto-detected Nikon camera" to initiate the connection.