Canon EOS R

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
BMckie

Re: Canon EOS R

Post by BMckie »

Hi All just registered as I have spent the day looking up software to stack photos for macro :D and this comes out on top
I was just about to purchase it and though Id check out the forums as I didn't see the EOS-R on the list.

good job I did
so first off I have had the EOS-R for a year now so not going to change it saving up for the new RF lenses but like many I use the canon EF100L F2.8 macro with the EOS-R adaptor works great.

I don't have Photo shop or a Lightroom and as the Raw files CR3 will most likely be a format used in all new canon inc the new 1dxIII and the new EOS-R5 when it comes out
I would have thought this would be something that needs to be sorted without moving files from one software to another.
I was going to go for Pro as it has more included in the package.
I do like the look of the remote but that's not me at this time as most of my photos will be by hand and at first just taking 4 or 5 photos for better Death of field it would save be using F16 and may be F4 or F8 .

I know you have loads of other stuff you are working on and this may not be a just one more but for me this is a Make or break if I buy this software or Not as if I need to get photoshop first I could have got a new lens for the price of both software

as you may have worked out I am not a pro just a hobbyist looking to get better picture ( Art )
Thank you for all your hard work :D just adding another to the EOS-R :D
Ant73

Post by Ant73 »

Hi, I am about to buy an EOS R. Please can you advise when there will be compatibility? Interested in the remote side as the stacker will work via Lightroom plug in I think.
oleg333

Post by oleg333 »

BUMP! Still waiting for EOS R support. This can't be that hard
oleg333 wrote: 26.02.2020 20:13 Hello Helicon Team

It looks like there are quite a few people looking for Canon EOS R support, we have all paid good money for this application and expect the application to work. Is there any way you can speed up the process on adding Canon EOS R? At this point I can't do my job because the app does not work with my camera. I heavily rely on this application for my workflow and at this time I can't even get my work done. Please put some urgency on adding the EOS R

Thanks
diksouan

Post by diksouan »

Add me to the unhappy customer list. Just bought EOS R, did not check HR compatibility :| I had no idea you did not yet support the 2 year old camera. Please hurry!!!
diksouan

Post by diksouan »

Thanks for the HR beta for Mac. Seems to work using EOS R. Will R5 & R6 also be supported?
madking426

Post by madking426 »

Could you please send me beta for testing with my EOS-R and my coming EOS-R5? Thanks a lot! I’m using Mac.
mlowin

Post by mlowin »

Please send me the Beta, too! Using Mac and EOS R. Thanks!
oleg333

Post by oleg333 »

Could I get access to the Mac beta?
diksouan

Post by diksouan »

I have the beta v 4 of Helicon Remote installed on my MacBookPro running 10.15.6. Trying to get it to work with EOS R & WeMacro rail. I can check its box in the select camera menu, but in the camera selection space in the focus bracketing tab, it won't let me change from EOS R

Rail works fine with 5DIV and HR 3.9.1.
diksouan

Post by diksouan »

Anybody else get the beta version 4 of Helicon Remote yet?
diksouan

Post by diksouan »

The Helicon Remote v4 beta does the same thing with Canon EOS 5D IV and EOS R when using the WeMacro rail. The camera and rail are recognized in HR and can be selected and set preferences. The rail shows up in the focus stacking tab, but the movement arrows do not cause the rail to move.

Am I the only one to get the beta?
cpburki

Post by cpburki »

I have been using Kuuvik Capture 5 (downloaded from the Apple App Store) and this software runs on the Mac as well as the iPad in either tethered mode or wireless mode. You can choose unlike Helicon Remote which can only be used wireless on an iPad. Kuuvik Capture 5 also supports Canon Mirrorless Cameras including the EOS R and will soon support the Canon EOS R5 and R6 cameras. I got this information directly from the owner and develop, Laszio Pusztai, at DIRE Studios. This software was originally developed for the Canon Tilt-Shift Lenses since it allows you to select 3 focus points and you can view all three points at the same time which is what you need for Tilt-Shift lenses and it works great. It has focus peaking to allow you to get perfect focus which is what you need when changing the plane-of-focus on a Tilt-Shift lens. I use it for Landscape Photography with my Canon TS-E 50mm f/2.8L and Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Tilt-Shift lenses and I get perfect focus from the nearest object to infinity. Now to my main point about Focus Bracketing, this software also supports Focus Bracketing so you can use this software for not only Tilt-Shift but also with a normal lens for Focus Bracketing. What it does not support however is Focus Bracketing and Exposure Bracketing at the same time, so you have to choose one or the other in the current release which is V5.1. I did ask Laszio to allow for both in the next release and he has added it on his list to be included in a future release. I receive immediate feedback to all of my questions with Laszio and he is very open to suggestions for future releases. When used for Tilt-Shift my focus workflow I went from about 15 to 20 minutes (focusing on the LCD screen on each individual focus point and going back and forth until all points are in focus) to about 30 seconds. Incredible software so I thought I would share this with everyone since I also have the Helicon Remote and just received my Canon EOS R5 and would like the ability to Focus Bracket.
BMckie

Post by BMckie »

cpburki wrote: 31.07.2020 22:41 I have been using Kuuvik Capture 5 (downloaded from the Apple App Store) and this software runs on the Mac as well as the iPad in either tethered mode or wireless mode. You can choose unlike Helicon Remote which can only be used wireless on an iPad. Kuuvik Capture 5 also supports Canon Mirrorless Cameras including the EOS R and will soon support the Canon EOS R5 and R6 cameras. I got this information directly from the owner and develop, Laszio Pusztai, at DIRE Studios. This software was originally developed for the Canon Tilt-Shift Lenses since it allows you to select 3 focus points and you can view all three points at the same time which is what you need for Tilt-Shift lenses and it works great. It has focus peaking to allow you to get perfect focus which is what you need when changing the plane-of-focus on a Tilt-Shift lens. I use it for Landscape Photography with my Canon TS-E 50mm f/2.8L and Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Tilt-Shift lenses and I get perfect focus from the nearest object to infinity. Now to my main point about Focus Bracketing, this software also supports Focus Bracketing so you can use this software for not only Tilt-Shift but also with a normal lens for Focus Bracketing. What it does not support however is Focus Bracketing and Exposure Bracketing at the same time, so you have to choose one or the other in the current release which is V5.1. I did ask Laszio to allow for both in the next release and he has added it on his list to be included in a future release. I receive immediate feedback to all of my questions with Laszio and he is very open to suggestions for future releases. When used for Tilt-Shift my focus workflow I went from about 15 to 20 minutes (focusing on the LCD screen on each individual focus point and going back and forth until all points are in focus) to about 30 seconds. Incredible software so I thought I would share this with everyone since I also have the Helicon Remote and just received my Canon EOS R5 and would like the ability to Focus Bracket.
both the R6 and the R5 has focus Bracketing built in to the camera its self
cpburki

Post by cpburki »

Yes but you can't use Exposure Bracketing with Focus Bracketing within the Canon R5 and R6 and that's the point of using Helicon Remote. I use both together all the time when it comes to Landscape Photography.
oleg333

Post by oleg333 »

Catherine wrote: 16.01.2020 16:02 Thanks for your interest and support. Yes, we realize we started working on this late, but it's not just about the EOS R/RP models, it's about other mirrorless Canon cameras of the future, too.
The Mac version will be available alongside the Windows version when our work is done and the official release happens, but for the beta program it's simpler and quicker for us to provide a Windows version. This isn't because development of the Mac one is lagging behind.
tamcor3 wrote: 06.01.2020 23:59 Add me to the list...
Sending you an e-mail with the download link for the Windows beta version.
We are still waiting for this software to support EOS R, its been 2 years since the camera came out. This is some shitty support. the lack of your teams response to this is very disappointing. This is really making my work a lot harder. What did i pay for?