Error message: "Project cannot be saved if other output was used for retouching"

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Cortado

Error message: "Project cannot be saved if other output was used for retouching"

Post by Cortado »

Hi,
I loaded a project file. After a few retouching steps, I wanted to save the project file again. Then I get the error message: "Project cannot be saved if other output was used for retouching"
What can I do?

BR
Michael
Olaf D

Re: Error message: "Project cannot be saved if other output was used for retouching"

Post by Olaf D »

Hello,

i have this problem too. This is very annoying, as you never finish stacking and retouching an image within a processing time. The project memory function can almost no longer be used.
When can a bug fix be expected?

Best wishes
Olaf
Catherine

Re: Error message: "Project cannot be saved if other output was used for retouching"

Post by Catherine »

Cortado wrote: 14.09.2020 12:18 What can I do?
Hi Michael and Olaf,
Unfortunately, nothing, other than not using another output as a source for retouching if you also need to save the project.

We're working on implementing this use case for a future version of Helicon Focus, though. As for when - it's not clear yet.
Cortado

Post by Cortado »

Hi Catherine,
Thanks for the answer. What do you mean by "another output as a source for retouching"?
BR
Michael
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

When retouching in HF, you can either copy selected areas from source images from the stack, or from another output ('Use another output as a source' dropdown list can be found on the right panel beneath the source image list).
This message: "Project cannot be saved if other output was used for retouching" appears when you use another output as a source for retouching, so for the time being the only way to avoid this problem in case if you are planning on saving project is to use source files from the stack only and not to use other outputs.
Cortado

Post by Cortado »

Hello Catherine,
Yes, got it. Thanks for the explanation.
BR
Michael
Olaf D

Post by Olaf D »

Hello Catherine,

I have never used any other edition as a source for retouching. Nevertheless, this message comes regularly. So I don't understand.

Bye Olaf
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hello Olaf,

Are you absolutely certain that you didn't select the option "Use another output as source"? That is the only thing that can cause this message to appear.
Vibestrakt

Post by Vibestrakt »

Hello,
I confirm that I have the same issue and only used pictures from the stack, nothing else
Thank you for the help
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

We're investigating this right now. I'm sending you a private message with a link to the updated version of Helicon Focus in which we may or may not have fixed this - we never managed to reproduce the error ourselves, so we need someone who can reproduce it to confirm that it's gone.