Lightroom issue

Shooting in macro mode, techniques, tips & tricks
Jmadhavan

Lightroom issue

Post by Jmadhavan »

I am having a strange problem. I have Version 8.0.4 of Helicon Focus installed on a Windows 11 system. I export the stack files as DNG from LR Classic to HF, render the stacked image, then save as DNG. HF asks me to close the app when done, which I do. I then go back to LR and cannot find my image. I can see it in Windows Explorer in the same directory as the original files. If I try to import it, LR says the file is already in the catalog. I even sort the filmstrip according to file type and the DNG file does not show up. Also, the number of files in the Catalog pane on the left side for that directory does not change when I save the file from HF. Where is it being imported to?
robbraiden

Re: Lightroom issue

Post by robbraiden »

Hi Jmadhavan
I just purchased my lifetime pro license yesterday. My workflow seems identical you yours. Once I saved the stacked image as DNG I too could not initially see it. Lightroom did resync the folder but it's not obvious where is goes as it does not refresh the original import folder. I saw the number of imported images go up in LR navigator, it was only when I navigated to a different folder in LR and returned to the original did I find my stack
Hope this helps
Rob
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

I've just re-tested this, and the image does appear automatically just half a second after Helicon Focus is closed. What you're experiencing might be a bug in Lightroom.
GracieAllen

Post by GracieAllen »

I have the same thing happen occasionally. It's not a Windows 11 thing or a Helicon Focus thing. It's something in Lightroom. NORMALLY, the rendered image comes back to the correct folder and shows up immediately. Every so often, for no reason I've found, the image comes BACK to Lightroom but DOESN'T show up in the grid display. I've found that having LR do a Synchronize folder gets things back to normal. I keep figuring Adobe will eventually fix whatever's causing it, but it's not big enough or frequent enough to squawk 'cause they'll most likely blame anybody BUT Lightroom.