Wrong starting position Stackshot

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
iwanbronkhorst

Wrong starting position Stackshot

Post by iwanbronkhorst »

Since yesterday I have installed the update 4.3 (Mac). Since then, my Stackfoto no longer returns to the correct start position when starting a recording. I use the A button to return the Stackfoto to the starting position but it only goes back a few millimeters and not completely. On another Mac I have the old software 3.9.12 and it works perfectly straight away. Any idea how to solve this? Thanks for your comment.
jimmyyyy

Re: Wrong starting position Stackshot

Post by jimmyyyy »

I am having the same issue, but can't utilize the older software version as I am using Canon EOS R5. Was wondering if there was a fix for this yet or if anyone has found a work around.

It seems like Helicon Remote or StackShot forgets where the nearest/farthest points are set. Clicking on either arrow to home near/far gets me nowhere near where it is supposed to be.

Current Setup

• 2013 Mac Pro - macOS Monterey 12.6.3
  • Canon EOS R5
  • Stack Shot
Last edited by jimmyyyy on 06.04.2023 20:28, edited 2 times in total.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Do the big < / > buttons never work for you (the ones that are next to A / B)? Or only sometimes?
Please send a bug report (menu - help - Report a bug) after clicking one of those buttons doesn't work as expected. Also, please check that the "Auto-return" option is turned OFF in the Stackshot control box menu.
jimmyyyy

Post by jimmyyyy »

The big < / > buttons work, but do not go to the defined nearest / farthest points

I turned off the "Auto-Return" option on the Stack Shot controller, but it did not make a difference.

The Stack Shot function works great on the previous software versions, but something happened to the new update.
jimmyyyy

Post by jimmyyyy »

Another strange occurrence, that I am sure is related to this issue, is that after the Start Shooting button is clicked the Stack Shot controller no longer displays "USB Control" and instead displays its SW Rev information. As the camera is shooting the SW Rev info screen cycles between dim and lit.

The Stack Shot controller did not do this with previous version of Helicon Remote.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 5.10.30 PM.png
(5.11 MiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_1261.JPG
(2.11 MiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_1260.JPG
(2.42 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

jimmyyyy wrote: 12.04.2023 02:13 Another strange occurrence, that I am sure is related to this issue, is that after the Start Shooting button is clicked the Stack Shot controller no longer displays "USB Control" and instead displays its SW Rev information.
That is odd. But does Stackshot actually move correctly, other than the issues with "move to A / B"? Is this with Helicon Remote version 4.3.1?
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

jimmyyyy wrote: 10.04.2023 19:06 The big < / > buttons work, but do not go to the defined nearest / farthest points
Please reproduce the problem and send a bug report (menu - Help - Report a bug) as soon as you see that the rail moved to the wrong position.
jimmyyyy

Post by jimmyyyy »

Issues seem to be getting worse.

Now I cannot zoom on part of the image with the hand icon with +/- symbol. Start shooting button also does not work now. Cannot take pictures at all using Helicon Remote.

Bug Report just sent.