scientific scale

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Lucas Ribeiro

scientific scale

Post by Lucas Ribeiro »

How do I insert scientific scale in the macro photo, using Helicon? it's automatic ? it calculates from the photographed object?
Catherine

Re: scientific scale

Post by Catherine »

It is, unfortunately, impossible to calculate automatically. You can insert a scale in Helicon Focus, but you have to size it manually based on knowing the true size of the object.
PaleoRok

Post by PaleoRok »

Hey, let me use this thread to post a follow-up question.

I am trying to resize the built-in scales but with no success. How do I resize it?
I tried drawing out the corners to resize, but it did not work. The size is set to 25%, but if I click on it I also can not input any other value.
What am I doing wrong? Please help me out.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Click the scale, it will be selected with a green rectangle. This rectangle has 4 small squares in the corner, click and hold one of the squares and drag thge mouse. Basically, what you've already tried, but the scale has to be selected first.
PaleoRok

Post by PaleoRok »

Thank you for coming back so quickly with a reply.

Yes, I understand the principle. I select the scale, it is surrounded by a green line border and there are typical 8 squares (4 in the corners and 4 in the middle of sides). However, I can only move and position the scale. I can not select one of the squares to resize it. the mouse cursor is always a cross, typical of moving the object, and does not change when I hover over one of the eight squares.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Which version of Helicon Focus do you have (it's in the window title), and is it Windows or Mac?
PaleoRok

Post by PaleoRok »

Its Windows version 8.2.2 Registered Pro.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Yes, there's a problem with that, sorry. We'll fix it in the next update, and in the meantime go to Helicon Focus preferences - General and un-tick the "Enable display scaling support" checkbox. Press OK, restart Helicon Focus, and resizing the scale will work.
PaleoRok

Post by PaleoRok »

Thank you for coming back, I will try it out.
dankspec

Post by dankspec »

Hello.

I'm taking photos via a microscope camera. Does anyone know if it is possible to save a scale bar or scale parameters for different microscope magnifications? Ideally, I would like to select a calibrated scale for the corresponding magnification on the microscope.

I'm using Helicon Focus 8. I recall that this was possible in an older version of Helicon. If Helicon 8 does not support this, is it possible to download an older version of Helicon?

Thank you.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Do I understand correctly that you want to save your scale settings and recall them later? To have a list of stored scales that you can select from?
There was never such a function in Helicon Focus. There were never any scale-related functions that are not present in Helicon Focus 8.