Canon EOS R

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
ekantsur

Re: Canon EOS R

Post by ekantsur »

I purchased Helicon Focus Premium today and specifically chose Premium so I could get Helicon Remote included in the price. tellculvers com survey taco bell breakfast hours
Last edited by ekantsur on 07.09.2022 09:55, edited 1 time in total.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

oleg333 wrote: 05.08.2020 22:57 We are still waiting for this software to support EOS R, its been 2 years since the camera came out. This is some shitty support. the lack of your teams response to this is very disappointing. This is really making my work a lot harder. What did i pay for?
It has been freely available to everyone from our website for more than a year (before that it was available on demand). Get the latest version of Helicon Remote from our website - it supports the R series. I'm not sure what you're calling the lack of response, could you please elaborate or point it out? What have we not responded to?

I did reply to your post late, that's true. This is because we're busy handling direct support requests (via the support system, the contact form on our website, and the bug reports from our software), checking the forums is a lower priority when there are direct requests waiting in the queue.
jacksona69

Post by jacksona69 »

Helicon Remote v4.x (Mac - Monterey 12.6) used to work OK with my EOS R (FW 1.8.0), but suddenly the latest versions (v4.3.0/4.3.1) just fires off the first shot when opening the app, and then all the menu buttons are greyed out, and I can do nothing. Registered user.

Please advise urgently, as this is required for a shoot.

And your support form completely fails to send...
Last edited by jacksona69 on 21.09.2022 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
shirleypix

Post by shirleypix »

I have exactly the same problem with Windows 10/11. My initial post raising this issue on 23.10.22 has so far had no response as has the bug report I sent at the same time.
I have gone back to the previous version in conjunction with my Canon 7D.
Very disappointing and I will not be renewing my subscription.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

jacksona69 wrote: 21.09.2022 16:14 Helicon Remote v4.x (Mac - Monterey 12.6) used to work OK with my EOS R (FW 1.8.0), but suddenly the latest versions (v4.3.0/4.3.1) just fires off the first shot when opening the app, and then all the menu buttons are greyed out, and I can do nothing. Registered user.

We're looking into the problem, please use this version of Helicon Remote for now: https://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/H ... teBeta.dmg

Do you mean the support form on our website, or the bug report from in Helicon Remote - menu - Help?
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

shirleypix wrote: 26.09.2022 12:26 I have exactly the same problem with Windows 10/11. My initial post raising this issue on 23.10.22 has so far had no response as has the bug report I sent at the same time.
I have gone back to the previous version in conjunction with my Canon 7D.
Very disappointing and I will not be renewing my subscription.
There are no known issues with Canon 7D. Whatever it is, it's not the same problem that the previous poster experienced. But please also try this version - here's the link for Windows: https://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/H ... teBeta.exe

You said that you've contacted us on 23.10.22, but that date is in the future. Did you mean 23.09? Could you please let us know which e-mail you've used for contacting us so that we could find your request and figure out how it happened that we didn't reply?
If there's any problem with the linked version also, please send a bug report from Helicon Remote (menu - Help - Report a bug) after experiencing an issue.
jacksona69

Post by jacksona69 »

Catherine wrote: 02.10.2022 19:27
jacksona69 wrote: 21.09.2022 16:14 Helicon Remote v4.x (Mac - Monterey 12.6) used to work OK with my EOS R (FW 1.8.0), but suddenly the latest versions (v4.3.0/4.3.1) just fires off the first shot when opening the app, and then all the menu buttons are greyed out, and I can do nothing. Registered user.

We're looking into the problem, please use this version of Helicon Remote for now: https://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/H ... teBeta.dmg

Do you mean the support form on our website, or the bug report from in Helicon Remote - menu - Help?
Hi Catherine,

We've communicated via email, and the beta you sent me works great. The issue with the support form was at my end, so apologies for my misleading comment.
deafcrump

Post by deafcrump »

I guess the development need to speed up a little as the new EOS-Rs is not far away from releasing. Also Mac support is another important issue.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

deafcrump wrote: 03.02.2023 10:48Also Mac support is another important issue.
Every Canon R camera that you can currently buy is supported on Mac, as well as Windows, Android and iOS. Did you encounter any specific issue?
pacecreds

Post by pacecreds »

I'd like to add my name to the list of people who require this camera to be supported. I'm in the process of phasing out my older cameras, and if the EOS R is not supported in the coming months, I will (reluctantly) have to find a different software solution.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

pacecreds wrote: 06.02.2023 16:21 I'd like to add my name to the list of people who require this camera to be supported. I'm in the process of phasing out my older cameras, and if the EOS R is not supported in the coming months, I will (reluctantly) have to find a different software solution.
EOS R has been supported for at least two years by now. Please get the latest version of Helicon Remote (from our website, or from Google Play / App Store).

I'm closing this thread because it has outlived its purpose. If you have any problem or question, please open a new thread and describe your issue or request.