how to acquire tethered shots from Nikon?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
audioscavenger

how to acquire tethered shots from Nikon?

Post by audioscavenger »

sorry for the noob questions but... Adobe LRC perfectly accepts tethered shots from the camera. Not helicon remote. All it can do it capturing from the software.
Is there a tweak or something I must do to turn that feature on?

i use a commanded macro rail and the box sends the shots signals to the camera. I cannot have helicon send the shot orders.

thank you
Catherine

Re: how to acquire tethered shots from Nikon?

Post by Catherine »

Is the camera connected to the computer with a USB lead? Is it detected by Helicon Remote? I'm confused by the "box sends the shots signals to the camera" part. What's the model of the box, and what's the model of your camera?
audioscavenger

Post by audioscavenger »

It is connected via USB and detected, otherwise i would not be able to take shot by clicking the capture button.
What does not work is when i take the shot from the camera, the shot is then not captured by the software as it is in LRC.

Nikon Z6 connected via usb-c, Windows 10 x64
Helicon remote 4.3.1 unregistered (yet)

Video explaining the issue (in poor English), because apparently it is not so clear: https://youtu.be/qvoT9fjzK70
Last edited by audioscavenger on 06.11.2022 19:16, edited 2 times in total.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

That's a very clear explanation in very good English! The camera's controls (buttons) are disabled while live view is ON, but turning live view OFF in Helicon Remote should unlock the shutter release button. Then the shots taken with the button will be downloaded and displayed for review, just like in Lightroom, but - just like in Lightroom - you will not see live view at the same time (because it has to be OFF).
audioscavenger

Post by audioscavenger »

thanks

yes I found out by re-watching my own video... difference was live view was always turned on in Helicon, once i stopped it, it started working. LR can have it on but not Helicon, and that's fine.

thank you, case closed
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Are you saying that Lightroom lets you see live view and use the camera's physical shutter release button? That's very interesting, we should investigate how it can be possible.