Trinamic Stepper Motors

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
itsallgoode9

Trinamic Stepper Motors

Post by itsallgoode9 »

I stumbled across the fact that Helicon Remote works with stepper motors. There is not a ton of information about this that I was able to find and was wondering to understand the functionality a bit more.

I'm using Helicon Remote for focus stacking for photogrammetry, so am wondering if a Trinami Stepper would help me achieve this functionality.

basically: rotate 10 degrees, stop, shoot focus stack. repeat and automatically do that for a full 360 before stopping. I see the degree and delay setting in the program UI but not sure if its possible to automate the whole thing
Catherine

Re: Trinamic Stepper Motors

Post by Catherine »

There is currently no way to connect two motors and combine rotation with focus stacking, although that's something we want to implement in the future. Right now the motor adjusts by the specified amount after each shot, so you can do focus stacking, or you can rotate a table and make 360 shots, but not both.
omaralfares

Post by omaralfares »

Hello,

I would like to control the PD42-4-1240 TMCL stepper motor via Helicon remote, but something is wrong.
Could you please help me.
Thanks
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Please send a bug report from Helicon Remote (menu - Help - Report a bug) when both a camera and Trinamic are plugged in. Don't forget to connect power to the Trinamic motor, too.