WiFi and Z7ii

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
akiecker

WiFi and Z7ii

Post by akiecker »

I am able to connect Helicon Remote 4.3.1 W to Nikon Z7ii with WiFi. The problem is that the camera switches off the live view on the back of the camera and then Helicon Remote loses the live view. I can't get it back without restarting Helicon Remote.

How do I prevent the camera from turning off the display on the back of the camera? There is no problem with USB.
Catherine

Re: WiFi and Z7ii

Post by Catherine »

We did extensive testing but didn't manage to reproduce such a problem with our Z6. We also know that Z6 II and Z7 II work for a lot of our customers, no one has mentioned this issue before. Please send a bug report (menu - Help - Report a bug) if it happens again.
akiecker

Post by akiecker »

As requested, a report has been sent. What I found out is the custom setting "c3 Power Off Delay" will kill the wifi of the camera. If I set the value of "Standby Timer" to "No Limit", this does not happen. Just be sure to reset back to your usual timeout value to save your battery. It would be nice if Helicon Remote could control this.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

So does everything work with the "No Limit" option, or is that an additional thing to look for, but something isn't working with "No Limit" as well?

We'll look into it. It's odd that the camera turns Wi-Fi off while remote control session is in progress, of which the camera's firmware is very well aware.