When does a "session" end

wake689

When does a "session" end

Post by wake689 »

Hi,

I hope you and your families are all safe at the moment.

I have to FB tube direction set to infinity and steps set to 21. I have the drive mode on my Canon 5Div set to hispeed continuous. The buffer in my camera fills up pretty quickly but by this time I have usually got the most distant shot that I need. Will the camera be ready to start a new stack or will it continue shooting to infinity? Does it "time out" if I don't take any more shots for a period of time and be ready to start a new stack?

I hope I have explained what I mean.

Thank you.
Catherine

Re: When does a "session" end

Post by Catherine »

Hi!

There is no notion of a session. You press the shutter release button and the lens makes a focus adjustment according to the configured settings, that is all there is. You will notice that the focus position does not return to the start point automatically, so you'll have to rewind manually (we tried implementing auto-return but it didn't work).
wake689

Post by wake689 »

Thank you.

So if I've set it to 21 steps, it will keep refocussing until I have taken all 21 pictures?

What would happen if I took my finger off the shutter button after say ten pictures and then reset the focus manually and then pressed the shutter button again (still set at HiSpeed)? Would it take another 11 steps and then finish?
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

No, steps is not pictures, it's the amount of focus movement between shots. Every time you press the shutter release button the focus moves by 21 abstract units (that the lens uses internally). Or, in burst mode, you hold the release button and focus will move by 21 after every shot. You can take 1 shot, or 10 (for 210 steps of total focus movement), or 100 (2100 steps in total).
wake689

Post by wake689 »

Ah. I see. Thank you.