Settings Sony A1 that work for you...

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
tvoorbij

Settings Sony A1 that work for you...

Post by tvoorbij »

Hello,

It seems the Sony A1 works with some of you. I can get my A7R III to work, but my A1 isn't recognized. I use PC Remote "on" but no A1 shows up. When I set MTP in USB settings, it shows the A1, but I can't change settings and there's no live view.
I'm pretty sure it should be in "PC Remote" though. In my LCD screen it shows -PC- in orange.
Any help would be appreciated.
Catherine

Re: Settings Sony A1 that work for you...

Post by Catherine »

It absolutely has to be "PC Remote", and the problem is most likely in the operating system. Is this on Windows?
tvoorbij

Post by tvoorbij »

Catherine wrote: 09.08.2023 18:48 It absolutely has to be "PC Remote", and the problem is most likely in the operating system. Is this on Windows?
Yes, I'm using Windows 10 on laptop and my PC.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Most likely, some other software has installed an incorrect driver for the A1. Go to the Device Manager, find the device corresponding to your camera, right-click - Delete. Tick the checlbox to delete the driver files. Then reconnect the camera and let Windows install the default driver.
tvoorbij

Post by tvoorbij »

Catherine wrote: 09.08.2023 20:04 Most likely, some other software has installed an incorrect driver for the A1. Go to the Device Manager, find the device corresponding to your camera, right-click - Delete. Tick the checlbox to delete the driver files. Then reconnect the camera and let Windows install the default driver.
I uninstalled Sony's Edge software. Now the A1 shows up. Still strange it didn't bother my A7R III. For now I'm fine, I don't think there's an option to use both Edge Remote and Helicon Remote when needed. I tried to disable the Sony driver but it has to be uninstalled for Helicon Pro to work.

Thanks!