Sony a7riii - MAC m2 Support

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
nbridges00

Sony a7riii - MAC m2 Support

Post by nbridges00 »

Hi there,

I also sent an email for this, but just in case this is easier to work out on here. I recently bought an m2 MacBook Air and tried connecting it to my Sony a7riii but it will not recognize it in Helicon Remote. If I open Sony's Imaging Edge Remote Software, it is able to recognize the camera and is able to control it. Any advice? Thank you so much in advance! :D

Sony a7riii
M2 MacBook Air 16gb 512gb ssd
Usb C - Usb C cable (Oculus Link Cable)
Helicon Remote (ver. 4.4.8 M) - UNREGISTERED
Catherine

Re: Sony a7riii - MAC m2 Support

Post by Catherine »

Hi,

Yes, we have received and replied to your e-mail, but that was a different question since it was about iPhone, not Mac.
Go to System settings -> Privacy & Security -> Camera -> make sure Helicon Remote is enabled (permission granted). If it still doesn't work after that, make sure to completely exit Sony Imaging Edge before running Helicon Remote, and send a bug report (menu - Help - Report a bug) while the camera is connected but not detected.
nbridges00

Post by nbridges00 »

Hi Catherine!

Sorry, I didnt mean to say iPhone, sorry about that. I made sure the permissions are all good, I will send a bug report when I have a chance! Thank you for the quick response!
nbridges00

Post by nbridges00 »

Hi Catherine!

Sorry again about saying the wrong device. I have submitted the bug report in Helicon Remote. I also did try another usb c to usb c cable and that did not work either unfortunately.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi! The problem is macOS version 14.2.0, it had an issue with cameras not being detected. It was fixed in 14.2.1. So update your macOS and it should be solved.
nbridges00

Post by nbridges00 »

Hi Catherine,

This fixed the issue! Thank you so much for your help!