Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Post Reply
Bjoern
Posts: 10
Joined: 04.05.2025 21:37

Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)

Post by Bjoern »

Dear all,
do you have any experience on the compatibility of the current release of HeliconFocus with macOS 26.x (Tahoe). I'd like to upgrade my Mac, but HF is an essential tool for my photography.

Thanks,

Björn
User avatar
Catherine
Posts: 1857
Joined: 29.04.2019 23:38

Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)

Post by Catherine »

Dear Björn,
There are no known issues on macOS 26.
Bjoern
Posts: 10
Joined: 04.05.2025 21:37

Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)

Post by Bjoern »

Hi Catherine,
great. Then I can update without worries.
Pieter
Posts: 3
Joined: 08.09.2015 12:39

Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)

Post by Pieter »

Hi Catherine,
I do exually experience a problem in MacOS Tahoe 26.2.
When saving a rendered file the keyboard shortcut command+v to paste a name in the naming field is not working. Command+c, copy from a different program is working but not the paste part in Helicon Focus. I just discovered this yesterday and I can't reproduce this in other programs. Right-click and select paste is working so it's not a big problem but it can be a bit annoying.
User avatar
Catherine
Posts: 1857
Joined: 29.04.2019 23:38

Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)

Post by Catherine »

This is not a new issue, it existed forever on all macOS versions. Right-click - Paste (or Copy) from the context menu instead of the keyboard. The issue is with the 3rd-party component we're using, we can't fix it.
Pieter
Posts: 3
Joined: 08.09.2015 12:39

Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)

Post by Pieter »

Ah ok. Then apparently never used it before :D

Good to know that it's not related to an updated OS.
fe17k
Posts: 1
Joined: 23.01.2026 06:29

Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)

Post by fe17k »

Hello, I am a new user, just downloaded the version on for Mac. I am currently running on an M4 Max with MacOs 26. I was able to enable OpenCL hardware acceleration, but the CPU part of the process seems to be running old 0x86 code via the translation layer. Is there a version with native ARM code available? Thank you in advance.
User avatar
Catherine
Posts: 1857
Joined: 29.04.2019 23:38

Re: Compatibility with MacOs 26 (Tahoe)

Post by Catherine »

Hello, not yet, this is the only version available right now. There will be a native version, we're working on it, but it won't change anything (other than the fact Rosetta will no longer be required). It doesn't affect performance.
Post Reply