Have to Force Quit
Have to Force Quit
If I leave Helicon Focus running in the background for more than 10-15 minutes, the program freezes and I cannot quit it normally. I have to use "force quit" to quit it. Is there a fix for this bug?
Mac OS 13.6.7
Helicon Focus 8.2.11
Thanks!
Mac OS 13.6.7
Helicon Focus 8.2.11
Thanks!
Re: Have to Force Quit
Please try the latest version of Helicon Focus: https://www.heliconsoft.com/downloads/HeliconFocus.dmg
Re: Have to Force Quit
Thanks -- the "check for updates" command wasn't telling me about this new version. I'll try it out!
Re: Have to Force Quit
I left the new version (v8.2.16) running for over 2 hours, and there was no freezing. Thanks!
Re: Have to Force Quit
Glad to hear that, thanks for the confirmation!
Automatic updates are no longer possible on Mac since macOS 13, we need to rework that function, maybe show the available updates and a link for manual download. For now it just does nothing.
Automatic updates are no longer possible on Mac since macOS 13, we need to rework that function, maybe show the available updates and a link for manual download. For now it just does nothing.
Re: Have to Force Quit
Hi. I have since updated to Helicon Focus 8.3.7 (on MacOS 15.6.1), and this freezing has returned.
The program works as expected. But if I leave it open (after rendering a stack) for more than 5-10 minutes, it will freeze and be unresponsive, requiring a Force Quit
The program works as expected. But if I leave it open (after rendering a stack) for more than 5-10 minutes, it will freeze and be unresponsive, requiring a Force Quit
Re: Have to Force Quit
Hi, thanks for letting us know, we'll see if we can reproduce and fix the issue. Meanwhile, you can use the version that's been working for you.
Re: Have to Force Quit
Of course, once I mention it, it stops happening! I'll see if I can notice better when it happens, and report back.
Re: Have to Force Quit
OK, it happened again. The app was open for a couple hours, and running a number of renders during that time -- working fine. But when I try to quit (using keycommand cmd-Q) I get the message in the dock "Application Not Responding". And I have to use Force Quit.
I re-opened the app, and used the menu "Contact Support" to send the logs, if that's at all helpful.
I re-opened the app, and used the menu "Contact Support" to send the logs, if that's at all helpful.
Re: Have to Force Quit
Knowing that it's not constant is also useful information. So maybe it depends on some preconditions, or maybe it can happen at any time but with very low probability. The only thing certain is that we haven't heard about this issue from anyone else. Which doesn't mean it never happened, but no one contacted us about it.
Re: Have to Force Quit
It doesn't prevent me from using the app, so that's good. I'll keep an eye out and see if I notice any patterns. Thanks!