latest HF update 5.11 - Remote still does NOT work

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
edokie

latest HF update 5.11 - Remote still does NOT work

Post by edokie »

Once again the downloaded update, this time version 5.11 - Remote does NOT load or open!
Vista Ultimate. Same issue as occurred with prior version(s).
HeliconFocus itself does continue to function.
Remote will not open with, or without, the camera plugged in.
When camera -is- plugged in the top LCD on the Canon50D continually flashes "Buzy" (busy). This occurs while HF is open and on-screen... with no attempt to even open Remote. Unplugging, replugging the connection USB wire makes no difference, same "Buzy" result. System will not work nor function.
Cold reboot of the entire system made no difference after upgrading to 5.11

Initial notice of "upgrade available" popped up while using HF for image layering work (and HF continues to work).
Pop-up asked, "Do you wish to download now?" and "Yes" was selected.
In both instances the download reached 99%... paused for 30 seconds or so, then said "X - an error has occurred in downloading." Each effort to download resulted in no file being saved.
Going direct to the HF website, the upgrade - did - download. Likewise, appeared to install correctly by first "uninstalling" the prior version.
With HF up and running... same result: Remote does NOT open. The camera's "Buzy" warning flashing on the top LCD and locks up the camera.
There appears to be TWO issues involved:
1. The camera is locked up/Buzy flashing. An apparent program incompatibility issue involving code-writing.
2. Remote still does not open even when a camera is not attached or hooked to the computer via USB port
edokie

Re: latest HF update 5.11 - Remote still does NOT work

Post by edokie »

Likewise, a search for the "remote_control.log" file does not exist under the file-tree location suggested by Stas (Windows Ultimate Vista)
Yet, the program file Remote.exe is listed as active and loaded (along with Helicon Focus), but Remote does not open.
Lud

Post by Lud »

HF 5.0.11 does the same to me. Remote does not start anyway. The old Version 5.0.06 did work.

Verry dissapointing! I bought HF because of the remote-functions.

Vista home. Registered Helicon Focus Pro.
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We will publish the fixed version in a couple of days. Thanks for reporting this bug.
aloke

Post by aloke »

I just purchased Helicon Focus Pro because of the remote function,

but I can't open Helicon Remote , either !!!

( my os is vista 32bit )
panamon_creel

Post by panamon_creel »

Just tested it and it appears to be working now with Vista.
Thanks
edokie

Post by edokie »

Stas Yatsenko wrote:We will publish the fixed version in a couple of days. Thanks for reporting this bug.
in a couple o
It is now April 2 ..."We will publish the fixed version jn a couple of days" e.g. mentioned on March 11.
Where is it?
Remote is very, very buggy, the specific reason the Pro version was purchased three (3) months ago. The oft-quoted "30-day trial" is basically meaningless.
Extremely slow in operation, hangs up camera. Near and far focus points once set, are not retained. "Focus steps" calculated is either buggy or just plain not understandable in description.
First suggestion: Start with a current-edition and CLEAR user-explanation of the program, the 1,2,3 steps necessary for operation.
Don't add more features... until the underlying program is stable, fully operational, camera compatible.
My camera happens to be the 50D, running on Windows 7
Stas Yatsenko

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

We are preparing new version. It will be published next weeks.