Retouch redo function

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Stewart g

Retouch redo function

Post by Stewart g »

I'm a new user of the pro version and am on an old mac G4 power book with 758 mb of ram. Though some of the HF functions are slow-ish, the speed is okay, surprisingly fast even, at 1000 mhz. Except for retouching. As the number of "undo" steps increases, undo becomes painfully slow. By 10K steps, undo is almost unusable. At 25K, the whole program begins to stumble. This is a bit amusing, as I only need three or four undo levels (I realize the counter is counting brush strokes, not undo commands). Is there any way to dump some of this to free up more ram and processing power? Thanks.
Stas Yatsenko

Re: Retouch redo function

Post by Stas Yatsenko »

You are right, the speed of updo depends on number of points already set. This drawback is mostly fixed in current Windows version by introduction of Live Preview for the brush so that undo is not required in most cases. I am afraid, the only solution is to wait for the newer Mac version or use Windows version on virtual machine.
Stewart g

Re: Retouch redo function

Post by Stewart g »

Okay, thanks, Stas. I realize there's only so far you can take an older computer. My current solution is to take better photographs, and to be patient as the cpu does its work. Retouching a stack of 50 last night went okay.