Page 2 of 2
Re: WU-1a Problème Connection With Windows 7
Posted: 27.10.2014 16:01
by Stas Yatsenko
Did you add the camera to Helicon Remote as shown here (paragraph 3):
http://www.heliconsoft.com/HeliconRemot ... ml#Canon6D ?
Re: WU-1a Problème Connection With Windows 7
Posted: 21.12.2014 22:38
by clav0
Sorry but:
I confirm that the HR v3.4.12.w application with WU-1a or (1b) Windows 7 (64bit) does not work.
I perform the test with Nikon D90, D7100, D750 native WiFi)
More than 10 computers (or laptop) with Windows 7.
The result is always the same:
The WU-1a is well recognized by the WiFi adapter.
HR tries to connect with the camera, (On the WU-1a LED turns solid green), but the Nikon is not recognized.
I confirm that with Windows 8 or (8.1) there is no problem, everything works fine.
You can perform a test?
Best Regards
Re: WU-1a Problème Connection With Windows 7
Posted: 22.12.2014 17:01
by Stas Yatsenko
Thanks for the information.
We don't have a D750, so we can't test or fix it yet.
Re: WU-1a Problème Connection With Windows 7
Posted: 24.12.2014 10:06
by matlab22
I have trouble connecting my D600 WU-1b with HR. HR 3.3.1 worked fine but the latest version 3.4.14 only connected ones. Since then it tries to connect but can not establish a connection and does not give any error message.
Re: WU-1a Problème Connection With Windows 7
Posted: 24.12.2014 15:20
by Stas Yatsenko
Weird, nothing has changed between these version that affects Wi-Fi functionality. Reproduce the problem and send a bug report.
Have you tried resetting the camera body wireless settings and reconnecting anew?
Re: WU-1a Problème Connection With Windows 7
Posted: 02.01.2015 18:53
by matlab22
I have to update that it sometimes works and sometimes not. It is very unstable and I do not know why. Other software like the crappy android software from nikon and qDSLRdashboard always connects.
I have the same problem with my windows tablet. digicamcontrol connects in a wink of an eye but helicon remote tries and then stops trying.
I set up a camera in Network cameras
Camera: D600 Address 192.168.1.1 Type: Auto
Am I doing something wrong?
Code: Select all
0:"Helicon Remote version 3.4.14.w"
69:full version
0:Built on Dec 24 2014
0:running on Windows 8 64-bit
297:QtWarningMsg: libpng warning: Ignoring invalid time value
7:QtWarningMsg: libpng warning: Ignoring invalid time value
1:QtWarningMsg: libpng warning: Ignoring invalid time value
0:QtWarningMsg: libpng warning: Ignoring invalid time value
1:QtWarningMsg: libpng warning: Ignoring invalid time value
93:QtWarningMsg: libpng warning: Ignoring invalid time value
1:QtWarningMsg: libpng warning: Ignoring invalid time value
60:Vendor = Intel
0:version = 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.3347
0:renderer = Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
16729:UpdateManager::onCheckRequestFinished Network error 3
6029:try connecting to Canon WFT
2000:end try connect to socket
0:CHttpRequest::open : error connecting with remote socket( address = 192.168.1.1 : 49152 , sysError = 0 , err = -1 )
1:CWftDevice::canonCanConnectWithAddress : error open socket
0:try connecting to Nikon WT module
2001:end try connect to socket
0:CHttpRequest::open : error connecting with remote socket( address = 192.168.1.1 : 49152 , sysError = 0 , err = -1 )
1:CWftDevice::canonCanConnectWithAddress : error open socket
0:start init sockets
0:start connecting to address
2:finish connecting to address
1:finish init sockets
21:CWftDevice::socketInitPtp2 : start initializing
55:CWftDevice::start : device successfully initialized
5514:CWft::~CWft , begin
14:CWft::~CWft , end
1:device list destroyed
64:HELICON_REMOTE_NORMAL_EXIT_MAGIC_DUST
Re: WU-1a Problème Connection With Windows 7
Posted: 06.01.2015 15:05
by Stas Yatsenko
No, I think you're doing nothing wrong. It looks like the camera indicates an error somewhere, and Helicon Remote didn't put this into log. Please send us an e-mail to
[email protected] and we'll send you a new version of Remote to try.