Page 1 of 1

Display is black

Posted: 29.08.2019 22:12
by MikeCT
I am using a Nikon D7100 with a 105MM Macro lens, attached to a MacBook Air running Mojave. Everything worked fine until this afternoon. When I turned the camera on and clicked Live View, I got a totally black image. If I do a Quick Preview, the image is there, and looks fine, but I cannot see it to set up a shoot.

Re: Display is black

Posted: 03.09.2019 14:32
by Catherine
Sounds like a problem with exposure. Are you shooting with flash?

Re: Display is black

Posted: 07.04.2020 05:59
by tkmcknight
After several successful ..of the ANDROID to NIKON wifi remote I am having a similar issue. It is NOT EXPOSURE related as tested by logging out of HR and starting up WMU and "live view" is fine. Also ... I'm using continuous lights and a light meter reading indicated F11 1/60 ISO 100
Everything seems fine ... switching live view on and off causes the camera mirror to flip up / down,
The readout on the Helicon Remote accurately shows the current fstop / ss / ISO ... just the live view section of the screen (Android)
IS BLACK :-(

Re: Display is black

Posted: 09.04.2020 07:32
by tkmcknight
And now ... it is working again ???

No changes on my part (that I know of) ... but when I tried it tonight - it is working again. I really wish that I knew why ...

But anyway ... it's back ... and working ...