Nikon Z series

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
StudioGB

Nikon Z series

Post by StudioGB »

I find it very unprofessional that a software company of your status, doesn't support the newest generation of cameras quicker.

The camera has been on the market for 15 months now. And you can still not give an answer to when you expect it to be supported.

15 months!
Catherine

Re: Nikon Z series

Post by Catherine »

You're right, it's taking us too long now to add support of Z series. We'll do our best to speed up the process.
maptin

Post by maptin »

Is there any update on when we might expect support for Z-series? I'm particularly interested in Z50 support. I could have done with it during my recent trip to Namibia.
RPMtl

Post by RPMtl »

I see that ControlMyNikon by Tetherscript now supports focus stacking with live view for the Z50, Z6, and Z7 cameras. I tested it with my Z7 and its focus stacking works fine, though the step interval and number of photos needed is not calculated automatically as does Helicon Remote. But it demonstrates that it's possible to control focus stacking shooting with the Z series camera. I hope Helicon Remote will support the Z7 (released in Sept. 2018) and newer Z series cameras soon.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

We're working on Z6 and Z7 right now. We can offer a beta version for Windows and Mac that works with these cameras.
As for Z50, it should also work but hasn't been tested yet. Anyone who's interested is welcome to test the beta version with Z50 and let us know what didn't work, we'll appreciate that. Let me know if you want me to send you the download link for the beta version.
bormental

Post by bormental »

привет, хотелось бы потестить Бета версию с поддержкой моего Nikon Z6, как можно получить доступ являюсь зарегистрированным пользователем
demoric

Post by demoric »

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you for working on support for the Z6 / Z7. I'd be happy to do some testing for the Z7.
demoric

Post by demoric »

I'd be interested in testing the Beta for the Nikon Z7.
vkams

Post by vkams »

А какие другие беззеркальные камеры поддерживаются и чья поддержка планируется?

Кстати, не обнаружил в Helicon Remote настройки интервала между перефокусировкой и спуском затвора. На лёгких штативах смена фокуса тяжёлого макрообъектива вызывает вибрацию, которой надо рассеяться. Стоит какая-то по умолчанию, иногда явно недостаточная.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

В следующую версию будет включена поддержка
Nikon: Z6, Z7, Z50
Canon: M50, M6 Mark II, R / Rp
Sony: A7 III, A7 R III

Для Canon есть настройка паузы после перемещения фокуса, но в целом специальной паузы именно для этого пока не предусмотрено. Однако такая опция может быть добавлена в одной из следующих версий
Aleksandr Plekhanov

Post by Aleksandr Plekhanov »

Я был бы заинтересован в тестировании бета-версии для Nikon Z6
Дайте мне ссылку на бета версию для Андроид
GennyK

Post by GennyK »

Aleksandr Plekhanov wrote: 06.06.2020 15:15 Я был бы заинтересован в тестировании бета-версии для Nikon Z6
Дайте мне ссылку на бета версию для Андроид
Metoo
for Windows
SvenOstermann

Post by SvenOstermann »

Hello Catherine,

Would it possible to provide a download link for the beta version which supports the Nikon Z6/Z7 cameras.

Kind regards,
Sven
StephenK

Post by StephenK »

Hi Catherine, I am also interested in using Helicon Remote with my Z series Nikon - I wonder whether you could please post a link to the beta so that I can try it out? Thanks.
Dave_H

Post by Dave_H »

Would be happy to beta test for the Z50, hoping its not going to be too long before software supports it