Nikon API used by Helicon?
Posted: 12.02.2020 20:29
I am curious how software like Helicon controls (in my case) a Nikon camera.
Do Nikon, Canon etc produce an API that developers can write their own code around? Is it industry-standard or does each manufacturer produce their own.
If it is reverse engineered in some way I am in total awe of whoever did it. I'm in awe of Helicons' software regardless, really.
My curiosity stems from the must-be-expensive USB C socket installed in my D500. Nikon must've planned some clever stuff for it, surely?
Cheers
Bill
Do Nikon, Canon etc produce an API that developers can write their own code around? Is it industry-standard or does each manufacturer produce their own.
If it is reverse engineered in some way I am in total awe of whoever did it. I'm in awe of Helicons' software regardless, really.
My curiosity stems from the must-be-expensive USB C socket installed in my D500. Nikon must've planned some clever stuff for it, surely?
Cheers
Bill