Page 1 of 1

Helicon Remote and shutter count

Posted: 23.02.2020 16:12
by GeoCo
Has anyone checked shutter count changes when using Helicon Remote?

I've just done 2 test sequences and I am concerned.

The first sequence was 18 shots the second 50.

The first frame of the first sequence has a shutter count of 15182, after 18 shots I would expect the 18th frame to be 15200 but it is 15216 so an increase of 34 instead of 18

The first frame of the second sequence has a shutter count of 15220, after 50 shots I would expect the 50th frame to be 1515270 but it is 15318 so an increase of 98 instead of 50.

I used exiftool and camerashuttercount.com.

Can anyone explain this?

Re: Helicon Remote and shutter count

Posted: 03.03.2020 13:33
by Catherine
This must include mirror count as well. A single image made from the camera does not differ from the one made through Helicon Remote. Maybe mirror actuations have doubled the count