Android remote - suggestions

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
eswee

Android remote - suggestions

Post by eswee »

I'm new here and I've been using the Android Beta version of Helicon Remote on a Samsung Tablet for a few days now and have a few suggestions.

1. I am right handed and find it difficult that the preview or Live view window is on the right side of my tablet. I'm holding my tablet with the left hand. The buttons for eg focus shift are on the left, so when I operate them (with my right hand) I cover the live-view window with my that hand and therefore don't see the result, unless I take my hand away. There may be almost as many left-handers as there are right-handers, so it would be really nice if there were an option in the settings to move that window to the left or right of the screen and thus an option to swap the display window and control window.
2. Additional information on the screen about the charging status of the camera battery (icon as on camera screen; eg 4 bars and color indication green-orange-red/flashing) would be nice.

3. The ability to move directly to the previously set (and locked) positions of A and B in the focus panel with 1 click.

As for Helicon Focus, I support the suggestion I've already read in this forum not to use the full words SMOOTHING and RADIUS when saving a rendered result, but use S and R instead.

Best regards
Catherine

Re: Android remote - suggestions

Post by Catherine »

Hello, thanks for your suggestions!

1. We definitely should and will make the position of the control panel adjustable (left / right) in the mobile apps. It's on the to-do list.
2. The battery status is visible on the Exposure panel, right next to the camera's name.
3. You can move to a previously locked position (A / B) at any time by tapping the A or B button.
4. We hear you, we'll add the short naming template soon.