Camera Connected but no functions or Live View?

General discussions, bugs, support, suggestions
Ginja

Camera Connected but no functions or Live View?

Post by Ginja »

The weirdest thing just happened. I have been using helicon remote/focus for over 2 years now and have had my issues with troubleshooting different things. I use to have this issue where all of a sudden the focusing steps (in-camera focusing steps on canon) would make huge leaps. Ex. I would set my beginning and end with "big" steps in canon. But after just one step the entire image is out of focus (it moves the focusing way more than one "big" step). I'd usually solve this by restarting my camera, triggering the AF/MF switch, or reconnecting my camera. Usually, this works, sometimes I just have to come back the next day and its fine. Really weird. But this time, after I restarted my computer the Live view is no longer working. Helicon remote detects the camera is connected but I cant access any functions (forward/back steps, preview pic, take pics, live view). I tried this with two different camera canon R5 and canon 5dsr. To be clear this is with the Beta version. I've tried restarting, switching cables, reinstalling helicon remote and nothing has worked. Any advice would be appreciated.
Catherine

Re: Camera Connected but no functions or Live View?

Post by Catherine »

The only way we can investigate intricate problems like is with a bug report, so please send the report the next time this happens (Helicon Remote menu - Help - Report a bug).