Retouching with output images

Announcement of new releases, bugs, support, suggestions
Bugger347

Retouching with output images

Post by Bugger347 »

How can output images created by stacking be used for retouching? They appear to be out of alignment slightly with the source images.
Catherine

Re: Retouching with output images

Post by Catherine »

Are you using 'Use another output as a source' option: https://www.heliconsoft.com/focus/help/ ... HF_RETOUCH ? What kind of misalignment issues do you encounter? Could you please elaborate on this or show any screen shots that may demonstrate it. Thanks.
Bugger347

Re: Retouching with output images

Post by Bugger347 »

I create sub stacks to correct artifacts in the main methods. I save and open the main stacks and sub stacks as layers in Photoshop and retouch in Photoshop. The layers do not align properly in Photoshop and must be transformed using the Difference Blend mode to correct malalignment prior to masking. Is there a way to correct this in your software? Also, it is time consuming to have to save one output at a time and would recommend a save all outputs feature in future iterations. I often have 6-10 substacks is in addition to A,B,and C methods. I may be using the software incorrectly but cannot find a save all outputs checkbox . Please advise.